Friday, January 9, 2004

Chasing Mandy Moore

I made my first trip to the cinemas in 2004 tonight, and I saw Chasing Liberty. Kinda predictable at times, but not a bad movie. Just a mediocre movie, maybe two stars at most. Mandy Moore and her leading man (whose name escapes me right now) really shine, but the rest of the movie is just kinda bleh. Mandy Moore should watch out, or else she could end up falling into the role of "talented actress in crappy movies." I mean, look what happened to Sandra Bullock. Outside of Demolition Man, I can't think of any movie she's done that wasn't a romantic comedy. At least Mandy Moore has her music career to fall back on, and maybe it's a good thing her fourth album branched away from that bubblegum pop fluff that was her first three albums. I thought "Coverage" was her best CD, and if her next album sounds like it, it might be just as good.

You know, I really don't have much else to report on. The Freddy vs. Jason DVD comes out on Tuesday, so after that, I might actually shut up about it and keep my geekness to myself for a change. Anyways, I'm out. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home