Sunday, November 23, 2003

Pick A Screen And Run With It

Saw Gothika last night. Not bad, but not great. After I saw it, I said to myself it was like Stir of Echoes and Blair Witch 2 had a drunken one night stand, and I still think that. It was good up until the end, which I thought was a great big load of stupid. Robert Downey also felt like mumbling unintelligibly at the beginning of the movie, which I thought sucked. It's not a bad movie, but it just felt "eh."

Being at the theater last night was an odd experience. Apparently, the theater was having confusion over which screen the movie was playing on. Ushers bounced us around between two seperate screens, apparently unable to decide between seating us in the screens showing Gothika and the screen supposedly showing Elf. The stupid theater needs to get these things straight. And when the movie finally started, there was one girl sitting in the back of the theater that screamed at the top of her lungs every time there was a "jump scare." Even if it wasn't that scary at all, she'd scream. It was funny the first two or three times, but a million times over two hours just made me and everyone else in the theater want to strangle her. I mean, if you're gonna scream every time, then you might want to start avoiding the horror genre. It's not rocket science.

You know, I saw Home Alone on TV twice today on two different channels. Thanksgiving isn't for another four days, and they're already starting with the Christmas stuff. Most of the stores I go to had five or six aisles of Christmas stuff up at Halloween, while having only one aisle of Halloween stuff. I like Christmas, but this is insanity.

Not much else for today, so I'm out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home