Monday, November 3, 2003

The Kentucky Blog Massacre, #3

There's been some talk at various stopping points in the Blog Nation about the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake. One of my contemporaries said today: "That was the worst movie I've ever seen in my life. I didn't watch half of it because it was just too gross and graphic. I thought it was really pointless."

Uh, B, that was the movie's intent: it's not supposed to have a point. It's just supposed to mess with your head and make you sick. Besides, you wouldn't go to see a movie titled "Chainsaw Massacre" and expect anything less than senseless violence. It's like watching Titanic and expecting the boat to stay afloat. With movies like this, I think it's scarier when there's no reason or purpose behind it, just because most homocidal maniacs don't have a reason or purpose for their actions. And B, if you want to see bloody movies, rent Cannibal Holocaust, The Last House on the Left, I Spit On Your Grave, or any Italian zombie movie. Look up pictures on the Net, if you want. You'll be shocked and astounded. Want to know how shocked and astounded? Cannibal Holocaust is supposedly so disgusting that even I refuse to watch it (though apparently no store in North America will carry it anyway).

That's not to say that The Texas Chainsaw Massacre wasn't gory and violent, because it most definately was. But there's far, far worse out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home