Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Ed Gein Is A Total Weirdo

Yo to the usual suspects, and a big hello to those of you poor souls that have stumbled across the place via Google.

With the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake coming out on Friday, it's been hard to miss the tagline: "Inspired By A True Story." How many of you out there think it's really real? C'mon, you can be honest with me. Well, I hate burst your bubbles, but it's not true. Leatherface never existed, and there never was a family of cannibals in deepest darkest Texas in the 70s. Turns out some of the little quirks in the original movie were inspired by a Wisconsin serial killer named Ed Gein. To sum it all up, he went crazy after his mother died, and killed some people. He sometimes wore their skin, and used body parts to make various household items (such as the top of a skull used as a cereal bowl, and bones used as legs for tables and chairs). The sicko went on to inspire the killers in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Psycho, and The Silence of the Lambs.

I just wanted to clear that little detail up. It doesn't bother me, but it does. Know what I mean? Oh well. Anyway, I'm out of here. The rerun of Boy Meets World on The Disney Channel is calling me. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home