Sunday, August 17, 2003

The Movie Of My Nightmares, And Some Wrestling

August 15th has come and gone, and Freddy vs. Jason is theaters now. I went to see it in Bardstown with my dad, then again in Campbellsville with my homey Moses on Friday night. Ten years of waiting paid off, as it was the best Elm Street and Friday movie I've seen in a long time. It was a wonderful reward for fans of both cinematic stalkers, especially those who've been in it for the long haul. Lots of little references to the past films make it enjoyable for the hardcore fans, and there's enough history explained for the casual fans who don't know a lot about Freddy or Jason.

I'll give Freddy vs. Jason a detailed review soon, but I'll tell you my opinions right now. The acting isn't as bad as one would expect. Monica Keena and Jason Ritter are great as the heroine and her boyfriend, and despite having one awful scene, Kelly Rowland far exceeded my expectations. The two fight scenes between Freddy and Jason are unbelieveably awesome. Whoever choreographed these fights deserves a round of applause because they're out of this world.

But on to Saturday night. Me and Moses went to Lexington for a WWE house show. Highlight of the night was bumping into Kevin Nash and Eric Bischoff at the bar next door to Rupp Arena. Unfortunately, two things kept me from getting autographs: 1.) I didn't have a pen, and 2.) since the bar was in a hotel lobby, the employees told everyone that didn't have a room there to leave or they'd call the cops. The pictures I took didn't come out all that well, since our seats were way in the back and I didn't have a good zoom on my camera, but Moses and I had a good time.

I'm gonna close this post for now, so I'll see you later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home