Saturday, August 2, 2003

I've Never Been To A Wedding Like This

Hey, I actually went outside and did something for once. Weird, isn't it? The outside world is a little scary, though.

Anyway, I and my associate Moses went to my old stomping grounds of C-Ville to see American Wedding. If you want my honest opinion, I think it's a lot better than the first two slices of American Pie. It doesn't suffer from the loss of half of the main cast from the first two (and it doesn't even mention any of the departed but one). The movie also seems more "grown up" than the prior two films in the trilogy, which is a plus. Sure, there's plenty of potty humor (is there any other kind in the American Pie movies?), but it doesn't seem as juvenile as in the past. Although the film's title makes you think that the focus will be on a wedding, that's just the backdrop to give Seann William Scott's oft-quoted Stifler the reigns to own the movie as he sees fit. I give it a solid thumbs-up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home