Wednesday, July 9, 2003

Arnold Schwarzenegger: Greatest Robot Ever

It's time for a new post, and I hope everybody had a safe Fourth of July.

You know, I think I see too many movies. I saw Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines on Friday, and I thought it rocked. Not as good as T2, but still enjoyable. While the lack of James Cameron's direction, Linda Hamilton's trademark role of "Sarah Connor," and Brad Fiedel's awesome score might seem like a down note, the film still holds up finely. Arnold Schwarzenegger is still his awesome self, and Nick Stahl is a welcome replacement for Eddie Furlong in the role of "John Connor." Claire Danes is a fine addition to the Terminator universe, but while Kristanna Loken's portrayal of the T-X is respectable, she simply doesn't command the screen like Arnold's evil Terminator or Robert Patrick's T-1000. And I also have to give the movie a thumbs-up for having such a ending that goes against Hollywood's typical happy ending.

Finally, I'd like to wish a (belated) happy birthday to my good friend Krissie, who celebrated seventeen years of life yesterday. Just think, Krissie: one more year and you're 18. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home