Saturday, May 31, 2003

Happy Belated Birthday To Me

Hello, and welcome to Fantasy Island! I'll be your host, Ricardo Montalban.

So anyway, my birthday was this past Thursday. How old am I? I'm twenty-one, thank you for asking. I got plenty of neato swag over the last week or so to celebrate it: the House of 1000 Corpses soundtrack, the five "CKY" DVD's (which is full of skateboarding, skits, music videos, and Jackass-style stunts), the video game "Luigi's Mansion," and the Nightmare on Elm Street box set. Fun times were to be had.

I also went to see Bruce Almighty on Saturday with Willy (who I hadn't seen in months) and Mo. The movie's about Bruce Nolan (played by Jim Carrey), who blames God (played by the always awesome Morgan Freeman) for everything bad in his life. So what does God do? He gives Bruce all of his powers, to see if he can do better. I thought the movie really spoke levels about how we as people treat our Creator. We take Him for granted, and often think we can do His job better. The movie proves that He ultimately knows what we're doing better than we do, because after all, He's the reason we're here to begin with. But Bruce Almighty gets my Grade-A Seal of Approval.

Have fun reading? I had fun typing. See ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home