Saturday, November 10, 2001

The Ben-Joe Horror Show

Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to proudly announce that the Ben-Joe Horror Show was a huge success. It featured the films House On Haunted Hill (the remake, not the Vincent Price version), In The Mouth Of Madness, and What Lies Beneath. The show started at Stapp Lawn at around 10:00 last night, and concluded at 3:45 a.m. or thereabouts. Fallen was on the docket (and it's a great movie, I might add), but everyone decided to call it a night. Can't say as I blame them, since it was hella cold. Seven people went the distance: myself, Kenny, Michelle, Sara, Anne, and our hosts, Mighty Joe Young and Ben Feather. This message is gonna be kinda short, but folks, to say that last night reeked of awesomeness would be an understatement. I'm looking forward to future Ben-Joe Shows, which they say will be broadened to The Ben-Joe Chick Flick Show, The Ben-Joe Comedy Show, and so on, so forth.

But before the show, there was the incredible production of Peter Pan. I doubt I'd have went under normal circumstances, but I got paid. :) My good friend Alex, who played Captain Hook, co-owns a production company, and he offered me 20 dollars to help film it. I'm glad I went, because the play is unbelieveable. It's hilarious, and even includes Captain Hook and the pirates performing a parody of "Pop" by N'Sync.

On the DVD front, go buy the special edition of Monty Python & The Holy Grail. If you don't have a DVD player, get one so you can have this DVD. On no other DVD can you see a musical number from the movie performed with Legos. Yeah, Legos. Ya heard me. So much insane stuff is on here, including Subtitles For People Who Don't Like The Movie (which are lines from a William Shakespeare play).

I'm gonna wrap this up here; I have to go get ready for work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home